Statewide Webinar on the Impact of Coronavirus on Individuals Receiving Regional Center Services in California
Thursday, March 19, 2020
2:00 - 3:30 p.m..
- Representative from Department of Developmental Services
- Aaron Carruthers, Executive Director, State Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Andy Imparato, Executive Director, Disability Rights California (DRC)
- Amy Westling, Executive Director, Association of Regional Center Agencies (ARCA)
- Dr. Clarissa Kripke, Director, Office of Developmental Primary Care, UCSF
- Scott Shepard, Avenues Supported Living Services
- Tim Jin, Self-Advocate
- Moderated by Judy Mark, Parent and President, Disability Voices United
- Directions from DDS to regional centers to allow flexibility in services during this health emergency
- Individuals' rights to services, even during program shutdowns
- Commitments by regional centers and service providers to continue supporting individuals and families
- Recommendations from health care professionals on staying healthy and safe
- Creative ways to provide services remotely or individually
- A self-advocate's guide to keeping healthy physically and mentally..
No RSVP needed. Questions will be asked only through Zoom chat.
Here is how you can participate:
- By computer using video: click on this link.
- By cell phone or tablet with video: You must download the app:
Download Zoom App for Cell Phones and Tablets
At time of call, go into app and click on "Join."
Type in Meeting ID - 994 016 50
- By cell phone with voice only or landline:
1-669-900-6833 Enter ID 994016509#
To share on social media, use this link: https://conta.cc/391xLIO